September 26, 2011

Written by wsigenesis on . Posted in Journal

Mike and Mitch spent the day together today. I worked for a couple hours this morning then came down for the rest of the day. Dustin was here for the afternoon before he went to his class. Mike had another 4 liters of fluid drained from his belly this morning and we met with the liver specialist and the oncologist. We are going to have the oncology team do an evaluation on Mike tomorrow to see if he is even strong enough to start a chemo treatment plan.

Our concern is balancing out the cirrhosis of the liver, the tumor on his pancreas, the fluid building up in his belly and the kidneys not working like they should. All of this and the fact that he’s not eating and the pain in his back, I worry that he won’t be able to withstand the chemo but we will wait and see what the oncologists say.